Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Wearing Clothes

In preparation for the Christmas holidays and the new clothes each of my children will undoubtedly receive, we recently sorted through the piles of clothes that no longer fit. Buried deep in the pile were Buzzy's preemie clothes. I was shocked to see how small they are and even more so when my older daughter began dressing her baby dolls in the clothes her sister had to grow into.

In a previous post, I mentioned that wearing clothes was one of the milestones we looked forward to while Buzzy was in the NICU. We could not dress her in baby clothes until she was over a month old. Instead, she wore only a diaper during the time that she resided in her Isolette. When it was time to move to a bassinet, we started dressing her in the clothes we had begun collecting in anticipation of the day she could. When that day finally arrived, she had almost outgrown them, and by the time we took her home, Buzzy had grown into newborn clothes. Now her preemie clothes have been handed down to a bunch of dolls.

I imagine that one day Buzzy will be dressing her dolls in the clothes she once wore. When that day comes, I will show her the pictures of her wearing them, and when she asks me why I am crying, I probably won't be able to do anything but hug my big girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment