Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving

I know the official holiday is not for a few days, but I thought I would take this opportunity to list the things that I am thankful for as far as Buzzy is concerned. First, I am thankful that she is alive. The day my water broke, we both thought that we would lose our baby. However, we were able to get a few more weeks of development out of the pregnancy, which increased her chances of survival. It also decreased the chances of major complications. This is the second item on my list. I am extremely thankful that Buzzy shows no signs of problems.

Also on my list of things to be thankful for is the support system we have had over the last two years. From the OB who came to the ER on a Saturday morning to personally tell me that I would be transferred to a facility that could care for me and my baby to the friends and associates of my friends and family who prayed for our little family even though they do not know us personally, I am thankful for the people who have done what they could to ease our burden.

Last, but certainly not least, I am thankful for growth. Buzzy has come a long way from 2 lbs 9 oz, and I have come a long way both as a person and a mother in that time. Without thinking about it first, I have done what I had to do, and I am a stronger person for it. I also see the strength both of my girls possess, and I admire them for it. What more could a mother want?

No comments:

Post a Comment